Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trattoria Trullo Review

4767 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625


View Larger Map

Quick Review:
One of the best non-pasta Italian restaurants I've been to- if not the best I've ever had.

Long Review: We braved the rain storm and went to Trattoria Trullo for my birthday. It was one of the greatest birthday dinner I've had in a while. I originally saw the restaurant on Check Please and thought it looked like a nice place to go for upscale Italian restaurant in Chicago.

We the main dinning room decor and setting are very nice and relaxing. A high, lofty ceiling and soft lighting and candles on every table I recognized the owner walking back and fourth making sure everything and everyone is OK. The owner is from Sicily and the restaurant focuses on serving dishes from that region.

We started out with an appetizer of grilled Octopus and Calamari. Both were great, and my first taste of octopus was better than I thought.

For my main course I had the veal. It was very good, but the best dish on the table was my father's Sea Bass, it was the best Sea Bass I ever had and the seasonings and sauce made it unbelively good. It was also the first time I said "oh my god" at a restaurant and for a very good reason. My sister ordered the stuffed steak with Blue Cheese and that was extremely good also. Everything we had was extremely good. It was like culinary bliss.

For desert I had the Tarimissu and that was also well made, not too much liquor and not too much Marzipanne cheese either. Just right, some restaurants make their Tarmissu too sweet and mess up the meal. Trattoria has desserts that end the meal well.

Everything is extremely good here and I'll definitely be back to my new found favorite Italian Restaurant in Chicago.

No comments: