Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mr Greek Review

234 S Halsted St
(between Adams St & Jackson Blvd)
Chicago, IL 60661


View Larger Map

Quick Review:
Went to grab some gyros in Greektown and got a big messy gyros for about $5, a good deal for a good meal.

Long Review: All rhyming aside, this greasy spoon is a great place for gyros. Possibly one of the best in Greektown for Gyros. After reading rave reviews about it I decided to stop in with my lunch companions. It was a typical diner style/ fast food atmosphere. It not about the looks, it's about lunch.

Went up to the counter and ordered the "combo #2" which was gyros with fries and a drink- $5.45.

After waiting for a little while my number was called and I got my lunch. The gyros are very big, very messy and very good. Half of mine spilled out onto the paper lining of the tray. Despite the initial awkwardness of trying to eat it I'd say this was some of the best gyros I've had in a while. I was so filled I couldn't finish my fries and had to throw the rest out (I don't like throwing out food) Bring a take out container you might need it ;)

All in all a good greasy spoon in Greektown to come for gyros. (Yes I know I sound like Dr. Seuss)

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments: