Sunday, August 31, 2008

Delicious Dining in Wheaton at Adelles

1060 College Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187


Quick Review I was skeptical when I first heard about this place. “That’s way out in Wheaton.” A little far from where I’m based. Right near Wheaton College? I had flashbacks of my experience of Quince near Northwestern University. Though, I'm really glad I went- the food was very good and the service was expectational.

Long Review We decided to make the long trek out west to check it out for a relatives birthday. We’re glad we did.

Even though we didn’t have reservations and had to wait a little over twenty minutes at the bar for a table to open up it was worth the wait.

Everything was very good. The appetizer we had Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops was good
My Grilled Hangar Steak was very good but the pommes frites it was served with got a little soggy and soaked up the steak sauce which made some of them a bit salty.

I tried my sister’s barbequed short ribs and they were pretty good. Needed just a little more BBQ sauce though. BBQ on the menu at a fine dining restaurant? Yes, at this causal fine dining restaurant. Down home fine dining? Possibly

The desert I had was excellent, in fact all of the deserts we had were very good. Though, the food we ate was not the best part of the experience. Our waiter was.

Our waiter should get some sort of award as he was the nicest and most professional service I can remember at a restaurant of any kind. His service was excellent. Though, I heard service can be spotty here when they are busier. Though our waiter was one of the best I’ve had. Least to say he got a big tip. I’d go back just for the service.

All in all a good casual yet upscale restaurant in the western suburbs that definitely worth the drive.

4 of 5 stars

No comments: