Monday, September 1, 2008

Taste a Bit of the Big Apple at the New York Deli

2921 N Clark St
(between Oakdale Ave & Surf St)
Chicago, IL 60657


View Larger Map

Quick Review:
One of the best delis in the Lakeview neighborhood and possibly Chicago. A great neighborhood deli to get a great sandwich.

Long Review: A little bit of the Big Apple in Chi-town. I’ve heard good things about this place and went to check it out myself one afternoon for lunch. I walked in and was greeted by the friendly man behind the counter. (That friendly man behind the counter is the owner and has a Brooklyn accent, adding to the New York character of the place.

I looked at the sandwich board and settled on the Trump after a few moments of pondering. I took a seat and waited for my sandwich to be brought to me. The owner, Dave, struck up some conversation with me seeing that I was a first time customer trying to make me comfortable.

I looked around the deli and noticed they offered RC Cola (haven‘t seen that in a while) and Dr. Brown (yes, the tasty old timey Dr. Browns soda pop . They even have Celery flavor) I think I was going to like this place.

The after a little small talk and waiting the sandwich arrived. It was huge, much bigger than I thought. And it was good, really good. The piles of Boars Head meat where probably the key to such a great sandwich. It was so good I contemplated ordering another one.

This deli has a nice neighborhood feel to it. It’s a place where people come in have a to read the newspaper and chat with friends over a great deli style lunch. Plus, almost everyone who came in seemed to know to the owner, Dave.

I’m making this one of my regular weekend lunch stops. Say hi to Dave next time your in there.

4.5 out of 5

No comments: